Jeffrey Thackrey M.D. – Ft Lauderdale Bioidentical Hormones
Ft Lauderdale Bioidentical Hormones Expert, Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. is a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor who has dedicated his career to anti-aging medicine, preventive medicine, and general wellness services.
As the owner and operator of BodyLogicMD in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Dr. Thackrey incorporates Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy into his practice along with nutrition and exercise counseling.
To ensure that he keeps abreast of the latest developments in his field, Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. retains membership with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and stays active in continued education in the fields of preventative medicine and Bioidentical Hormones.
Discovering Optimal Wellness
When patients meet with Dr. Thackrey for the first time, they often feel exhausted, depressed, and confused. Many are young or middle-aged adults who are frustrated because they don’t understand what is happening to them. They are constantly irritated and wonder if the life they once enjoyed is gone forever. Fortunately, the answer to that is no. With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Dr. Thackrey’s help, even those struggling with multiple symptoms can experience renewed enthusiasm for life.
Could You be Dealing with a Hormone Imbalance?
Both men and women go through significant hormonal upheaval starting as early as age 30. This is the average age when testosterone levels in men start declining for the first time. By the time a man is 40, he will have lost 10 percent of his testosterone. This pattern continues into old age. Perimenopause for a woman may start sometime around the mid 30s and last for a decade or longer until she completes menopause around age 50. For many people, the dramatic changes in hormone production create an imbalance and multiple physical, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.
You are a good candidate for BHRT with Doctor Thackrey if you recognize some or all of these symptoms:
- Low Libido
- A sudden disinterest in sex usually has more to do with hormones than with your partner. An imbalance of the primary sex hormones, which include estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone, can lead to a lack of desire or arousal. Stress and dietary habits play a role as well. Restoring these hormones to proper balance while reducing stress and eating well can all help resolve this problem.
- Erectile Dysfunction
Not having enough testosterone can make it difficult for a man to achieve an erection or sustain one long enough for sex. Restoring testosterone to healthy levels can help improve problems with erections and low libido.
- Chronic fatigue that persists despite adequate rest may indicate that your adrenal glands don’t produce enough cortisol. Replenishing this hormone can give you the energy you need for work, family, recreation, and other obligations.
- Weight Gain
- An imbalance of estrogen and progesterone often leads to water weight gain in women and the appearance of a potbelly in men. Fort Lauderdale Bioidentical Hormones specialist Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. can help people reach their ideal weight by balancing the hormones and providing feedback on nutrition and physical activity.
- Having too much estrogen and too little progesterone can cause excess tissue growth in a woman’s uterus. Women can prevent the growth of future fibroids and decrease current discomfort by balancing estrogen and progesterone.
When testosterone decreases in men, estrogen often increases in response. This can lead to the embarrassing problem of male breast enlargement. Hormone balancing can eliminate gynecomastia.
- An imbalance of melatonin and cortisol can cause difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep all night long. Determining the root cause of your insomnia and treating it with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you consistently get a good night’s sleep.
- Memory Impairment
- The inability to concentrate, forgetting important details, and difficulty solving complex problems could all point to low levels of serotonin and other brain chemicals. When the hormones are unbalanced, it affects how they interact with the brain. You can reclaim your cognitive skills with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Fort Lauderdale.
- Muscle Loss
Men and women alike require balanced levels of testosterone to avoid muscle atrophy. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and a strength-training program can help restore muscle mass.
- Premenstrual Symptoms
- Irritability, fatigue, bloating, and headaches are just some of the premenstrual symptoms women may experience due to a hormone imbalance. These issues may get worse during perimenopause, which is why finding a solution with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is so important.
- Estrogen dominance is the typical cause of an overgrowth of endometrial tissue in the uterus. Adding progesterone to balance the sex hormones is beneficial in treating this painful condition for women.
Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. has treated thousands of men and women with these symptoms using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. He determines each patient’s hormonal deficiencies and then creates a customized plan to address them. As a Ft Lauderdale Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. can help restore your youthful energy no matter what your age.