Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
Many women assume that the hot flashes, mood swings, and weight gain they experience as they approach middle age are simply unavoidable signs of menopause. Dr. Thackrey of BodyLogicMD of Fort Lauderdale Florida has good news for you, just because every woman goes through menopause does not mean you have to suffer with the symptoms of menopause related hormone decline. Menopause is a natural part of the aging process and many of the symptoms of menopause can be alleviated with natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Fort Lauderdale Menopause Doctor Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. focuses his advanced training and expertise in offering the very best in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs integrated with personalized fitness and nutrition plans. An individualized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program designed for the specific needs of the female body can restore optimal hormone balance and help women to feel the vibrancy and energy they thought was long gone. With extensive training from the Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine in the use of Bioidentical Hormones to treat women, Dr. Thackrey believes that health is not just about today, but tomorrow as well. As a specialist in Preventative Medicine, Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. is able to help his patients achieve health today and prepare for sustained wellness for many years to come.
Are You Dealing with a Hormone Imbalance?
There are six primary hormones in a woman’s body which work together to support reproductive health, stabilize mood, provide energy, and several other essential functions. These hormones include cortisol, estrogen, pregnenolone, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroid. As you get older, your body naturally begins to slow the production of some of these hormones, while other’s cease to be made at all. The effects of hormone imbalance in women range from feeling mildly uncomfortable to being totally disabled by the symptoms. Most women fall somewhere in between. If you are in your mid 30s to early 50s, you probably recognize several of the following symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty losing weight
- All-day fatigue
- Feeling overwhelmed by everyday life
How Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Helps to Restore Balance
Fort Lauderdale Menopause Doctor, Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. believes that optimal hormone balance is essential for women to achieve and sustain long-term wellness and really get the most out of life. Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. uses only natural Bioidentical Hormones, offering the very best in natural alternative hormone replacement to his patients. The term bioidentical means that the hormones used as part of your Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy replicate what your body produces naturally on its own. Due to the identical cell structure of the replacement hormones, most women experience fast and effective symptom relief.
The Role of Women’s Hormones
Each of the six primary hormones in your body has an essential role in maintaining your overall health and quality of life. These include the following:
- Cortisol: Also called the stress hormone, cortisol creates chemicals in your body that react to stress. Cortisol is manufactured by your adrenal glands, which are located directly on top of your kidneys. When women feel stress from juggling so many different roles in their daily lives, it can cause an imbalance in the level of cortisol the body is able to produce and store. You may experience symptoms of cortisol imbalance such as anxiety, fatigue, depression, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.
- Estrogen: In the early stages of menopause, symptoms of estrogen deficiency include breast tenderness and hot flashes. As menopause progresses, you are likely to experience sleep disturbances, problems with memory, and low bone density that can put you at risk for osteoporosis. Not having enough natural estrogen also disrupts intimacy with your partner because your libido is lower. You may also not be in the mood for sex due to physical symptoms such as vaginal dryness.
- Pregnenolone: This hormone controls the function of many others, including estrogen and progesterone. During the natural course of aging, you may lose up to 60 percent of the pregnenolone your body needs to sustain energy. It is also responsible for memory and alertness. An unbalanced level of pregnenolone can contribute to feelings of depression, fatigue, and stress.
- Progesterone: This hormone is necessary to balance estrogen levels and to avoid the many problems associated with estrogen dominance. Common causes of progesterone deficiency include poor nutrition, lack of exercise, chronic stress, and insulin resistance. Symptoms associated with an imbalance of progesterone include insomnia, headaches, weight gain, anxiety, and breast tenderness.
- Testosterone: Testosterone, which is a hormone typically associated with men, is also present in women. Your body produces testosterone in the ovaries and adrenal glands. Testosterone in women is responsible for producing lean muscle mass, maintaining bone strength, providing energy, and contributing to an overall feeling of well-being. Women with low testosterone levels experience less pleasure from sex because their clitoris and nipples are less sensitive to stimulation.
- Thyroid: The thyroid is a tiny gland in your neck that controls all of the functions of your adrenal system. When your body produces too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may experience weight gain, depression, fatigue, cold sensations, hot flashes, and many other unpleasant symptoms.
Hormonal imbalance has a huge impact on your quality of life, whether you have just started perimenopause, have completed menopause, or are a young woman still in her childbearing years. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy offered by Fort Lauderdale’s most highly trained Bioidentical Hormone Doctor Jeffrey Thackrey, M.D. can help you enjoy life again, not just endure it.